The City of South Perth needs you to tell us who makes your community a better place. The commitment and action of individuals and community groups makes the City a great place to live, and you are invited to nominate an outstanding individual or community group for the prestigious Premier’s Australia Day Active Citizenship Awards.
These state-wide awards are designed to recognise and reward local residents and groups for their significant contribution to community life and active participation in local projects.
The three award categories are:
- Premier’s Australia Day Active Citizenship Award
- Premier’s Australia Day Active Citizenship Award for a person under 25 years
- Premier’s Australia Day Active Citizenship Award for a community group or event.
Nominations will be judged on the following criteria:
- Significant contribution to the local community
- Demonstrated leadership on a community issue resulting in the enhancement of community life
- A significant initiative which has brought about positive change and added value to community life
- Inspiring qualities as a role model for the community
All award winners and nominees will be recognised at the City of South Perth’s annual Australia Day celebrations on 26 January 2015.
All nominations must be submitted on the official form, which is available from http://www.southperth.wa.gov.au/ . For further information contact the City’s Youth and Children’s Officer on 9474 0777.
Submit your nomination to the City of South Perth Civic Centre, corner Sandgate Street and South Terrace, South Perth WA 6151, no later than 12 noon on Friday, 21 November 2014.